Monday, December 26, 2011

Ernest Kohl - Avantgarde: The Musical on CD this Month!

New York singer/songwriter Ernest Kohl explains, "When I was 16 I starred in a Broadway musical that had a huge wonderful successful opening and was eventually moved uptown to B-way & was selling out every night to great reviews. It was AVANTGARDE.

Well, Actors Equity unfortunately went in to new rules and 4 big musicals closed. Ours was one of them- the Original Cast Recording was never released and because of that, it put a lot of actors out of work.

It is very sad, that over the years ALL of the guys in the original cast, outside of me, have passed away from AIDS.

All the woman are still living and many have great careers & TONY's now!

I promised my best friends on their deathbeds, I would get this Cast Album out- Somehow, some day. And over the years, this has been my goal.

Finally on December 31st - The Original Cast Album of "AVANTGARDE" will be released! I am so excited. It has been fully restored & remastered & with a special bonus track added (it did not fit on vinyl back then).

Now it will finally be out on CD & on Digial Download for the world to experience it's magic.

I succeeded in my mission.

There is even talk of a revival if the album does well...it would have to be re-done & up-dated. But that's why this legendary Cast album (that's now has huge cult appeal ) must come out & we had so many requests for it.

It is exciting that the original Cast Musical "AVANTGARDE" will be released & the beautiful voices of our lost men to Aids will finally be heard by the world and I was able to keep my promise to them! We are dedicating it in memorial trubite to the guys lost."

Pre-Order Now Here

THIS ALBUM IS RELEASED IN MEMORY OF: CHRIS SEPPE, CHARLES CARTER, DARYL CARPENTER, STEVEN LEWIS & JEFFREY L. ROBBINS.

No comments:

Post a Comment